There are evenings when I don’t feel like cooking. I don’t mean that I don’t want to feed my family, but rather that I would be comfortable with serving eggs and sausage or even cereal. Last night was one of those. T. took a very late nap and it threw my culinary plans off. Rather than reaching for the Cheerios, I opted for this quick dinner meal.
I hope you try it when a quick meal will do.
1 ciabatta, split
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
8oz of shredded mozzarella (use a light version if you prefer), drained
10 slices salami
4-6oz of pasta sauce
8 roma tomatoes, cut in half
1 sliced hass avocado (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the bread into 4-8 pieces depending on the size you want each small pizza to be.
- Spread the pasta sauce on the bread.
- Tear over the mozzarella and salami. I don’t eat pork, so I traded the salami for deli chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Baking for too long will cause the bread to become too crisp.
- Serve alone or add sliced avocados.