I love changing my method of cooking vegetables to keep them interesting for us and our kids. Green beans and carrots are family favorites, but usually I steam them only. For this meal, I included almonds to add a sweet, crunchy taste.
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 package of cleaned and cut green beans (12 oz)
- 8 oz baby carrots
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- Salt to taste
- Add the water, green beans and carrots to a pot and cover on medium setting
- Cook until the carrots are softened (8-10 minutes)
- Transfer the carrots and green beans to a large skillet and add the olive oil. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes until the carrots are soft but not browned.
- Add almonds; season to taste with salt. Cook, stirring 2-3 minutes.
Serve with you main dish. We love Wegman’s honey-brine rotisserie chicken (pictured above with the veggies).